Thursday, July 24, 2008

New Blog, Foxkit's current status

It has been quite a while since I last made a release of Foxkit (KDE-Apps page, Google Project's Download Page), but the Git repository is still alive! I've done quite a bit of development since the 0.0.2 release, including adding support for Cookies (and the start of support for multiple cookie jars), better tab handling, massive amount of code cleanups, and lots of other things I long since forgot.

I'm hoping to release the next version of Foxkit sometime next week, probably with a 0.0.5 version number. So far I've done a pretty lousy job of following my roadmap, but hopefully in the future I'll be more flexible with it, and maybe try to switch to time-based releases (maybe once a month?). I've decided the only show stopper for the next release will be to have Foxkit's cookies stored in a better place than /dev/shm (generally a tmpfs filesystem on Linux... trashed when the system reboots), theres probably a KDE directory that stuff like thats supposed to go into. After this next release I'm wanting to add support to query Solid to check to see if the network is up or not, as well as add error pages (silent errors are evil!).

Edit: Just commented the change to use KStandardDirs::locateLocal("appdata", "cookies.db"); instead of /dev/shm/cookies.db :P

No comments: