Friday, August 15, 2008

Foxkit Vector Icon


So after doing nothing for a while I started thinking a lot about a logo for Foxkit.

I've never been very artistic, but I had a nice vision in my head for the logo (more so icon), so I started thinking about how to make it using vectors art. I downloaded Inkscape and got to work trying to figure out how to use all the tools, and since I've spent lots of time watching multiple people use Illustrator (the vector equivalent to Photoshop) over many years, I had a general idea what the tools should be able to do.

After quite a bit of experimentation and failure I eventually got the basic outline of what I had in my head. With quite a bit more failure I eventually got it colored (although not exactly the same as I wanted, but good enough for now).

You can find the Inkscape SVG on kde-look.org ( http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=87252 ), later I plan on making it the default icon for Foxkit (so it should appear in the Git repository before long) although I'm always open to alternatives (preferably something with a similar feel... I really like the Fox at the bottom :P).

No comments: